November 25, 2008

Riddle Me This !


Here are some riddles that are fun. See if you can figure them out.

What can run but never walks,
has a mouth but never talks,
has a head but never weeps,
has a bed but never sleeps?


Try this one -

Four men were in a boat on the lake.
The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake,
yet not a single man got wet! Why?


And the last riddle is...

What goes up when the rain comes down ?




Answers :
1. a river 2. Because they were all married and not single 3. an umbrella

Grammar Point *** : Interrogative words: These are words that ask a question.

Create 5 new sentences using interrogative words.You may choose the words: what, why, how, when, which, who, or where? ex. Where did the man go ?

3 comments:

Teacher: Jackie said...

I love the riddles. You might need to help ESL students figure them out though.

Vrivero said...

I have to say I love your page and the riddles were great! Unfortunately I am terrible at answering them haha, but I enjoyed them.

Ny403 said...

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS !
i CANT READ IN CHINESE I APOLOGIZE